Thursday 25 April 2013

Andy Warlord Burger at Burma Road, Penang

If you haven't noticed, all of a sudden there's burger stalls everywhere in Penang. Speaking of new trends happening in this lil island. So, there's this one burger place that he has been talking about since forever and told her that she has got to try it out!

And we did! You may like them here to see more yummy photos!

Let's see how the hand-made burgers' tasting went! :)

Chef at work :)

They have 3 choices of meat that you get to choose and we tried all three of them! Their burgers are served with fresh slices of juicy tomatoes, lettuce, sliced onions, and their SIGNATURE tartar sauce with WARLORD barbeque sauce.

First: Grilled Beef with the normal English Muffin.
He says: The beef here is just okay okay.. but I like the English Muffin though (like McD's) ;p The sauce is good..
She says: Beef! One of the must try meat every time we eat burger! For me, it's not as juicy and soft as the pork one. Quite hard for me to chew. Especially because I'm wearing braces some more. Hehe.

Second: Grilled Pork Patty with Poppyseed Bagel.
He says: Hahaha. Burger as in bagels with patty kind of burger is something I had always imagine and wanted to try. The bagel is a bit too soft and cold instead of the usual crunchy ouside and hard inside. The patty... was yummy although it does not really stick together. And bacon.. who doesn't like bacon?
She says: Bagels with poppyseed. I was for sure excited for this one. For me, the bagel is just alright. Nothing to shout about! But the pork patty is finger licking good! Not only it's thick, it's also pretty juicy and soft. LOVE THIS ONE. Oh and the bacon inside, double thumbs up! :) This is my favorite burger among the other two! :)

Third: Deep Fried Crispy Chicken with Sesame Seed Bagel.
He says: I would say this one is my favourite. The crispy-ness of the burger is just chun chun. Plus, together with the tartar sauce, cheese and eggs make it simply 'ahhhsomeee'!
She says: At first I thought it would be like McD's Chicken McDeluxe but no. It's not a bad thing that it's not. It's unique I can say. I love how crispy the chicken is and love the combi sauce of their signature tartar and bbq sauce.

Andy Warlord Burger at Burma Road, Pulau Tikus, Penang.
Location: Along Burma Road, Pulau Tikus.
Direction: Opposite Perkeso building road junction, beside the tua pheng kong temple.

Price: Slightly expensive

Ratings:
His rating: 8.5/10
Her rating: 8.5/10

1 comment:

  1. Interesting... but too bad i am not a fan of burgers :)

    ReplyDelete