Wednesday 5 June 2013

Yada Thai Cuisine Restaurant at Burmah Road, Penang

We just came back from Thailand! WHAT A GREAT MISSION TRIP IT WAS. We stayed with the kids in a Christian Orphanage and eat the kind of food they eat everyday. We are blessed beyond anything. Oh and we loved loved the food there in this land of sawadeekaaa! So, here another Thai food review on a Thai restaurant that just started not too long ago :)

This one is also, another online meal. This time through LivingSocial. 4 pax 5 course meal at only RM36!  Get to try new restaurant, why not! She has this habit of spending on these online websites. I have no idea whether its a good thing or not also. Oh well, as long as it's still under control, I guess. Haha. 

Anyways, we were there with her sister and brother in law over dinner and we ordered extra one dish as the set ones are pretty dry. Let's see what we both think of this Thai Cuisine Restaurant in Penang. I have to say that Penang is over populated with Thai Restaurants. You can easily find them at almost every corner in Penang. So, I guess, our standards for Thai Food is pretty high, considering that she loves LOVES Thai food and we eat them quite often. Haha :)

Very few tables set-up in quite a spacious shop. It's not that crowded for sure. 

Stir Fry Kangkung with Sambal
He says: Kinda like this one. Just nice and not so oily.
She says: For a kangkung dish, it's pretty sucky. Nothing unique/special at all. Quite bland too actually.

Spicy Jelly Noodles with Kerabu


He says: A mixture of spiciness, sourness and sweetness. Like this one although I'm not a huge fan of this dish.
She says: Love this dish to the max! It's sour and sweet and a lil spicy. Okay, maybe not a lil spicy. I think it's pretty spicy but it's sooo good! I think the fish sauce that they use in this dish makes it very yummy. VERY YUMMY!

Stir Fry Lala Clams with Special Sauce


He says: Hahaha lala! Just okay..
She says: Seafood lover, me! These clams are pretty okay. Nothing special too.

Fried Pork with Garlic


He says: I like like like this one.. Smells really good.
She says: Another favorite of mine. The garlic-ish sauce that accompanies the pork is super delicious! I didn't like the pork meat so much though. It's too hard. So hard to chew and swallow! Definitely overcooked!

Tomyam Seafood Soup


He says: Just so so.. Not creamy, sour and spicy enough as it looks.
She says: At first, it looks creamy and looks so good. But I didn't like it. I had like only less than 10 spoonful of it. Not spicy enough. Not sour enough. The tomyam taste to it is also so not there. BIG no-no for me.

Green Curry Chicken
He says: No no.. This does not taste like green curryy!
She says: This one has a very weird/unique taste. I don't even know if I hate it or love it. I think I'm somewhere in between. It's pretty nice. It doesn't taste like any normal green curry I've tasted.

Thab Thim Krop (Thai Dessert with Water Chestnut and Jackfruit)
He says: Love it! =D
She says: Quite nice. Quite only la. Nothing really great! I think it should be a bit sweeter! :)

Yada Thai Cuisine Restaurant at Burma Road, Penang
Location: 124E, Burmah Road, 10050 Georgetown, Penang
Direction: 
Price: Expensive

Ratings:
His rating: 4/10
Her rating: 5/10

“For more information, please visit <http://www.tourdirections.com.my/directory/>. Planning your Penang food tour? TourDirections Penang helps you discover Penang cafes and restaurants, Penang hawker food, Penang budget hotel and Penang homestay at TourDirections.com.my.”

No comments:

Post a Comment